Monday 8 January 2018

The Falling Man




**Quick Note- This is to be read while listening to the audio file attached below. Tuned to a simpler sound and language to match frequency of wider audience. For example: While listening to a new song track, the lyrics are read to get more depth. Use headphones for best effects**



Year 2008: I took a deep breathe and looked below, there was clean, soft water gently hugging the 10 meter tall landmass. Standing at the edge, in the bright sunlight, my courage was evaporating as my judgmental eyes locked for a long interval upon the curvy radiant skinned water body. I changed my frame quickly before my intentions to visit that spot alter. I engaged reverse and started moon-walking, to build up enough resistance to slingshot myself in the air. Upon reaching a position, I tilted my head left, right, up, down – a raw beautiful balanced world I witnessed. I kissed the earth, rubbed the feet back and forth on the soil, flexed the muscles, shrugged the shoulders, twisted the neck, clenched the fist and sprinted like a unicorn,  pressed my left foot on the edge and spread my hands wide open and let the momentum, gravitational force, mass and all the physics take care of it.

The joy, the thrill, the adrenaline rush, while flying in the air was unparalleled.I see, there’s the ball of fire ahead me, blue carpet of water below me, piles of soil behind me and this spirit of air engulfing me. As I resumed my parabolic journey, I noticed some small changes were happening in the nature. My heartbeat lowered. My descending velocity slowed down. For every meter it took me an year. And for every year the elements factoring my journey started changing.

Before coming to the cliff,  that day in school, I had learned this term in my 9th grade Science textbook- “Climate change”. No, the definition, explanation, causes or preventive measures won’t be followed after this. Because I know ,you know and Everyone knows! While stuck in the limbo, I could see-
-Heat—Calcification--Incalescence- -Swelter--Suffocation--Artic circle above 32 F-- Leaking lakes of methane gas in Siberia-- Changing 2 degrees has caused mass extinction – Melting Glaciers – Oceans above 7 centimeter higher-- Drought in Amazon – Changes in migration-- Disruption in pollination-Decreased plant growth-- Zika in Florida-- Ignorance from government--Australian heat wave-- Somalian drought-- Greenland forest fires-- “Lucifer” heat wave-- Atlantic hurricane season-Bali Volcano eruption--Lakshwadeep Okhi--

Year 2018: As my journey was coming to end, coughing, panting choking in the smog; I looked around for the last time, the Earth behind was mined and was dumping ground of e-waste, ozone had depleted ,sun was intolerably hot, dead bodies of aquatic organisms were floating in dark brown- black colored liquid. As I inched closer terrified, devastated, facing my face, the reflection grinned back at me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe,  for one last time!

The destruction or the changes caused to the nature are  irreversible. Remember, nature will always have the last laugh. You cannot save the nature, but you can now only hope or pray for it to save you!Respect its existence or expect resistance. This was not just a fall, it was a fall of homo-sapiens. While all these little minds are stuck quarreling , chattering, fighting  over USA-North Korea, Pakistan-Kashmir, China- Doklam, Iran-Syria,  we should realize that our real common enemy is Global Warming.   Don’t just watch Game of Thrones, understand Winter is really here, Climate change is very fucking real. Climate change is the single biggest thing humans have ever done on this Planet, the only thing that needs to be bigger is our movement to stop it!


“If all insects were to disappear from the Earth, within 50 years all life on the Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.”

No comments:

Post a Comment